Since igniting on October 8, Northern California’s wildfires have resulted in 42 deaths, 210,000 acres of destroyed property, and 100,000 evacuees. Just north of Oh My Green’s South San Francisco warehouse, the Tubbs, Mendocino County, Nuns, and Pocket fires have caused the majority of the destruction so far; south of us, Santa Cruz’s Bear Fire continues to raze and threaten our local communities.
Thanks to Lia Coniglio, our Head of Human Evolution (HR), and Michael Heinrich, our CEO, Oh My Green’s donation efforts began immediately. By October 12, our warehouse crew had a pallet of protein bars, snacks, whole food powders, and beverages for the firefighters and evacuees. Three days later, we had a car full of new blankets, pillows, respiratory masks, and pet food for local shelters and humane societies. Team building activities are a major part of Oh My Green’s culture, and relief for fire victims remains a cause we’re eagerly supporting.
For more information on how you and your team can get involved, visit the following links:
- Help Santa Rosa’s Redwood Empire Food Bank feed evacuees
- Provide financial relief through United Way of Wine Country
- Provide financial relief through the Red Cross
- Support Napa and Sonoma firefighters who’ve lost their homes in the disaster
- Join one of the many GoFundMe campaigns for fire victim relief
- Aid Sonoma’s animals with pet supplies